Nanoscience and Engineering Lab
Recent Group News
· June 2020: Singh awarded the College of Engineering Dean’s Award of Excellence in Research.
· May 2020: Graduate student Davi Soares awarded the Dr. Pau-Chang Lu Graduate Scholarship and Naim Z. and Beverly J. Azer Mechanical Engineering Graduate Scholarship. Congrats!
· April 2020: Recent work on exfoliated 2D materials for anticorrosion coatings appeared in RSC journal. Congrats Shakir and Zhongkan! Weblink
· April 2020: Recent work on TMDs beyond MoS2 published in a Wiley journal. Congrats Davi and Santanu! Weblink
· March 2020: Singh and team awarded patent on work involving flexible silicon oxy-carbide based electrodes. Weblink
· March 2020: Singh was invited speaker at the “New ceramic electrode materials for rechargeable lithium and sodium-ion batteries” webinar organized jointly by the Materials Research Society and the American Ceramic Society. Weblink
· January 2020: Singh to serve as Associate Editor of the Journal of the American Ceramic Society.
· January 2020: Davi, Shakir, and Zhongkan delivered Oral and Poster presentations at the 44th ICACC conference in FL.
· January 2020: Dipta Sarkar defended his PhD thesis. Headed to Intel Corp. Congratulations.
· January 2020: Singh visited IIT Madras and delivered invited lecture on polymer-derived ceramics for energy storage at the Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar. Thanks to our hosts professor Ravi Kumar and Ravi Mohan Prasad.