Nanoscience and Engineering Lab
Recent Group News
· May 2021: Congratulations to Davi Soares, Fifth PhD from our lab--Davi Soares. Made important contributions to TMD materials especially WTe2. Author of 8 journal papers & 2 book chapters
· May 2021: Congrats to Graduate student Shakir--work on Renewable Carbons selected for Nanomaterials & Energy award by the Institution of Civil Engineers in the UK. Award ceremony in London.
· April 2021: Dr. Singh promoted to the rank of Full professor. LINK
· March 2021: Patent on MoS2/graphene electrodes for sodium ion batteries awarded. LINK
· March 2021: Recent work entitled, “Additive Manufacturing of Electrochemical Energy Storage Systems Electrodes” to appear in Advanced Energy & Sustainability Research journal. LINK
· February 2021: Former PhD student from our group Dr. Romil Bhandavat awarded the Intel Achievement Award (company’s highest honor) for the year 2020.
· February 2021: Congratulations to PhD student Shakir Bin Mujib on winning 2nd position in the Graduate Student Poster Competition at the 45th International Conference and Expo on Advanced Ceramics and Composites (ICACC2021) conference.
· January 2021: Congratulations to Zhongkan Ren. Recent work on high temperature ceramic fibers published in Materials | An Open Access Journal. Impact factor 3.057l.
· November 2020: Congratulations to PhD student Davi Soares on winning 1st position at the ICACC Graduate Student Poster Competition. LINK
· August 2020: Congratulations to Zhongkan Ren for successfully defending his PhD thesis!
· August 2020: Singh organized 3rd Annual International (virtual) workshop on PDC and ceramic composite materials. LINK